Manage your Policy Management Lifecycle in SharePoint
If you are one the many policy management professionals who have been tasked with improving the policy management lifecycle in your organization, then this post will give you some insight into why SharePoint is a cool choice!
Firstly, I am a big fan of SharePoint and I also develop the leading SharePoint policy management software that fills in the gaps where SharePoint needs some help. Along the way, I have also looked extensively into the area of policy management and would like to share some of the resources I have written and compiled over the last couple of years.
- Policy Management Software – Features. In order to review and select a good system for managing your policies and procedures you need to know what features to look for. This resource lists the main features that any decent systems should offer.
- SharePoint Document Management Features. When you are specifically looking at the document management features, this article outlines where SharePoint is so good at managing the documentation that is needed for policies.
- Why Policy management Software in SharePoint. This is more of a general article outlining exactly why SharePoint is the obvious choice.
- Benefits of using SharePoint to manage policies or procedures. This lists 15 key areas that SharePoint can offer to help with the lifecycle.
- How to get employees to read and sign-off a policy. This article illustrates how SharePoint and DocRead can be used together to distribute and track a policy or procedure.
- How to assign a quiz to a policy. The DocSurvey product page contains an article (with video at the bottom) describing how DocSurvey and SharePoint can be used to quiz staff on the contents of your policies.
Hope these help! Feel free to comment.