Target external content with Office365 and DocRead Microsoft 365 / SharePoint Online is an ...
Manage employee acknowledgement forms with DocRead and SharePoint
If you are an organization that needs to distribute and track policies, documents, procedures, manuals to your employees, then you will know that this can be an onerous and time consuming task.
For example, if as part of an on-boarding process you require a new starter to read and acknowledge your ‘Code of Conduct Policy’ or your ‘Occupational Health and Safety’ document then you will probably follow a process like this:
- 1Navigate to the shared drive and find the latest copy of the policy and print it.
- 2Find an ‘Employee Acknowledgement Form’ and print it.
- 3Put both documents in an employee binder and hand to the employee on their first day.
- 4Instruct the employee to read the documents, sign the acknowledgement form and send back to you, ideally within 4 weeks.
- 5Add a reminder in Outlook to chase the employee in 4 weeks time.
So, what are the problems?
- 1The employee won’t do it on time, so you need to escalate to their Line manager. (This also requires you to add another reminder to chase the line manager in 1 week).
- 2If you store your acknowledgements digitally, you need to scan the signed paper copy in and add it to the employee record.
- 3The employee may lose the handbook – meaning you need to print and send it out again
- 4The document can substantially change (meaning not only that new employee needs to acknowledge it, but all employees). You now need to send it out to all staff and track all of the responses.
- 5It's a needless waste of paper
- 6How do you know the employee actually understood what was in the document? Have they just signed it to stop you hassling?
- 7This is a very time consuming and costly process as it needs to be done for ALL of your important documents and policies!
Get employees to read and agree to your employee handbook
This sounds familiar – is there a better way?
If this is something your organization struggles with, and you have SharePoint then read on!
SharePoint and DocRead
By using Microsoft SharePoint and DocRead there is a much easier way to automate this heavily paper-based and manual tracking approach. SharePoint is the world’s leading document management system. When combined with DocRead’s distribution and tracking capabilities this allows a very stream-lined process to be implemented taking away all of the administrative burden of authoring, distributing and tracking.
Author the document in SharePoint
SharePoint has many features that make it a very compelling solution to manage your policies and procedure documentation. If you wish to read more take a look at SharePoint's document management features or have a look at a list we curate on list.ly called 'The benefits of using SharePoint as a Policy management system'.
Once your policy is written, approved and published (within a SharePoint document library), it can easily be sent out with DocRead.
DocRead is an Enterprise add-on for SharePoint used all over the world by customers in industries such as education, governmental, financial, shipping and health. Once you have finished reading this post we recommend that you take the DocRead Tour to learn more.
Replace the Employee Acknowledgement Form with DocRead
DocRead replaces the paper-based acknowledgement form, as shown below, with an intuitive electronic signature process. Once the employee has agreed to the document, they are issued with a reading certificate and the organization also has a permanent record of who read what and when. No paper needed!
So, in simple terms, this Employee Acknowledgement Form example:
Is now replaced with this 'Electronic Acknowledgement Form' in DocRead. The terms and conditions can be set to suit your organization. You could use "I have read and understand the policy" for example. Additionally, per-document comments can easily be communicated to offer further instruction.
Once the employee has self-certified that they have 'Read' and 'Confirmed' the policy they can access their downloadable 'Reading Certificate'. As follows:
We hope you find this post informative. If you want to know more about how SharePoint or DocRead can help, please get in touch.
Is your SharePoint content read on time and by the right people?
DocRead can help
You may also like:
April 28, 2023
April 24, 2023
DocRead for Office 365 DocRead has helped hundreds of customers maintain compliance records for ...
October 13, 2022
How to link fields in a document to an O365 libraryLinking fields in a ...
February 10, 2022
How to find out who has completed a SharePoint SurveyIf you would like to ...
December 13, 2021
How to create a SharePoint Global Audience for New EmployeesAutomatically identifying a 'new employees' ...
December 8, 2021
Policy and Procedures : Using SharePoint Search to find policies quicklyThis post is part ...