The SharePoint-Community.net statistics
Back in February 2013 I joined forces with a few other SharePoint people (such as Vlad Catrinescu and Wendy Neal), to create a brand new community site for SharePoint. The main purpose for SharePoint-Community.net was to provide an on-line social network that was focused solely on the subject of SharePoint. We not only wanted it to be a place where SharePoint could hang out and discuss SharePoint, but also a place where new friends could be made.
Here we are 6 months later and I am so proud of what the SharePoint Community has become. Here are some stats from our last 6 months :
- We have 3,691 members from all over the world.
- 540 discussions have been posted, with many answered.
- 426 blog posts.
- In 14 competitions we’ve given away 6 conference passes, 3 Tablets, $120 for PC upgrade as well as countless e-learning subscription, licenses to software and books.
- We have had 18 SPChats with many SharePoint rock stars hosting them. see the list here : http://list.ly/list/73c-sharepoint-community-spchats
- We maintain 16 List.ly lists about many SharePoint subjects. These lists have had over 85,000 views and are embedded on other sites 129 times. (To see some of our lists click ‘Lists’ under sharepoint-community.net. A few of the lists are now hitting page 1 of Google.
- 14 Community Friends who have a kindly added a community badge.
- We have 15 Community Reps who have helped moderate, design the site, manage SPChats and also helped spread the word.
- Unfortunately, we have no statistics on how heavily the main chat has been used, but it’s the killer feature so worthy of a mention.
Anyway, if that’s not enough I have also put some nice graphs together on a post called ‘SharePoint Community by Numbers‘.
Are you a member yet?
If you aren’t already a member, then why not join and make some SharePoint friends using this invite ?