How to Create a SharePoint User Group
DocRead for SharePoint is the only policy management software that integrates straight into SharePoint and allows compliance professionals to distribute and track their policies and procedures.
When speaking with customers, I often need to supply them with quick “how to” guides that help remind them how to do some of the most common tasks required to be a skilled DocRead administrator.
This blog post explains in very simple terms how to create a SharePoint group! Treat it as a quick-reference guide.
1. Log in as an administrator and navigate to the site where the group is to be used.
2. On the site’s home page select ‘Site Actions’, then ‘Site Permissions’.
3. On the Permissions page, select the ‘Create Group’ icon from the ‘Permission Tools – Edit’ ribbon.
4. Complete the form with the relevant information about the group you wish to create.
5. Once all of the necessary information has been entered, click the ‘Create’ button.
6. The new SharePoint group will be created and you will be taken to the People and Groups page.